Monday, November 8, 2010

A week, really?











I can't believe its been a week since I last posted...then again, maybe I can. Its been hectic here and I have been working a schedule of two days on, one day off...that gets me nowhere. Then I had 4 days off, was able to make beads only on one day out of that-and then only for a few hours. Nothing really to show for my efforts.




This past Saturday we tossed the boys in the truck and hit the road with only a vague idea of where we were going. Initially we thought Sonora might be nice, to look at the mountains and nature and all that...then we got the crazy idea to head to Yosemite. Its only about a two hour drive from here and the weather looked good so we went for it! I am so happy we did. Yosemite has been a place that I have wanted to see for years...an it was even better than I had imagined. The pictures above pale in comparison to the real thing...just amazing. Since we didn't have a plan, we just hung around Yosemite Village and saw the basic sights, El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls, assorted lovely meadows and mule deer. Honestly, there is no way to take a bad picture there, I bet even a 5 year old with a cell cam could get some stunning shots.
Sorry no bead pictures (Yet!), but I hope you enjoy my vacation snaps!
Glass melting will resume on or around Thursday and I can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment